Friday, February 27, 2009

Alters...




So Ive been faithfully watching this show
Its called The United States of Tara
Its about this lady who has DID [Dissociative Identity Disorder]
Its basically when you have multiple personalities
and you have NO CONTROL
Her alters come into place when they feel like she cant handle a certain issue.
Some people view it as a disease...
However some view it as "Acting"
Looking at this show reminds me of the ever so lasting "mask"
that everybody puts on EVERYDAY
So what makes our "mask" different from DID
We put on our mask to hide,
Who or what we are really going through.
and The alters only come when she cant handle different situations...
I wish at times I could blame my "mask-wearings" on DID
In my eyes they are sorta synonyms.
My Question: Why is it that a person that identifies their "mask" labeled as crazy with DID and people that just haven't named their "masks" yet as completely sain?
My Theory: As a world I say we all are crazy... Labled or not. In my eyes she is just lucky, she has a "excuse" or a explaination for her "Masks". We [the sain ones] have no excuse and have to live DAILY wearing the ever so loving mask that people see.
My Side Note: I use quotations for the word mask because its the same thing to me as the "alters" that Tara suffers from. We consciously just control ours.
Tell me what you Think/Know/Want =]

2 comments:

iN THE MiND 0F A.RaY said...

Wow Lon Lon...
Now when I watch the show I have a differnt view...

iN THE MiND 0F A.RaY said...

iJack Slacks lol...